Laser- & 3D-scanning
- Laser scanning helps when planning on how to fit new equipment to old facilities, or when old equipment is being transferred to a new layout. Usually there are no blueprints of the old facilities, or if there are, they are outdated. By scanning the target, the engineering work can be started from a precise and up-to-date pointcloud.
- A handheld 3D-scanner can be utilized when complex and hard to measure parts must be digitized. With scanning the end result is a lot more precise than by any other method. The resulting model can be later used in various ways, for example as a base for new part or to remanufacture an old part.
- In laser scanning we use the precise Leica BLK360 and as a handheld device we have the Calibry 3D Scanner. Post-processing and cleaning the pointclouds are done in CloudCompare, after which the engineering work is done for example in Solidworks.
- For smaller objects, a mesh can be done easily. Factories and factory floors need to be done from the ground up, using the pointclouds as a precise reference. Pointclouds can of course left as is.
- The finished files are recognized by most of the programs our customers use, such as ReCap, Navisworks, Inventor and Solidworks